training cirriculum ¦ player training
¦ coaches training
|body composition ¦ conditioning ¦ 12 basic affirmations
¦ terms used in soccer
feelling ¦ additional
ball work ¦ passing & recieving
¦ speed & accelleration
juggling the ball ¦ sensitizing
the body ¦ speedwork
¦ speed training exercises
|PASSING AND RECEIVING:
- Use a wall or a plywood board.
- These are short quick passes, with good accuracy and pace.
- You only need to be a short distance from the wall. However,
work at different distances.
- Use good techniques.
- Pass the ball against the wall or board, using the following
proper passing techniques.
- The inside of the right and left foot.
- The outside of both right and left foot.
- The instep of both right and left foot.
- Pass the ball and do different traps when you receive the ball
- Sweep trap the ball with the outside of right and left foot.
- Sweep trap with the inside of the left and right foot.
- Trap the ball on the turn, dribble a few steps, do another turn
and pass again.
Note: the above passing should be done with
the ball staying on the ground. Strike the ball at the proper area
to keep it on the ground.
- If you have enough wall you can try different passes.
Chip the ball and then receive.
Strike the ball with the instep in the air, and then receive.
Bending the ball to the right or left, then receive.
- One touch the ball against the wall. Pass the ball and do not
receive. Just pass the ball again.
Note: you can also practice passing with a partner.
- Make sure you are using proper technique.
- Make sure your passes are accurate.
this page for printable version